Monday 30 September 2013

A Spider in the Gym?????? :O

Yay, Mondays! Time for my favourite things!!

For the record, i wore a glitter crush velvet green, blue, purple swirl top in various shades, and capri leggings from Dance Co, with rolled hip bands and legs.

We started today with lines as usual, and everything went just as it always does, i've been holding handstands for longer and longer lately, and then we did something new!

It's a progression to a straddle press.

Basically, we place our hands on the ground, legs are in a straddle, and we're supposed to lift up off the floor into a handstand, and then straddle back down.

Naturally, we hop off the ground and only get back into a straddle stand coming down.

It's plenty of fun! I got stuck in a handstand for the longest time though, so i did a straddle to get down, but that only pushed my weight past my hands, and i could only wait to twist out of it when my weight went past my shoulders far enough.

We also did handstand walking, and i'm not very good at those but i can still do it, heehee~ It's been getting better.

And also, handstand walking, but with each step, we need to touch our hand to our shoulder before taking the next step. I can do maybe three at most, but my legs are all over the place; certainly not pretty!

We went to the Tumble Trak first today and worked on things like jumping, as per usual, and did these:

Straight jump x10 + Handstand flatback
???? jump x10 + Dive roll
Tuck jump x10 + Front tuck
Straddle jump x10 + Front tuck/Front layout
Pike jump x10 + Front layout/ Front tuck/ Front pike
Right leg split jump x10 + Front layout / Front tuck
Left leg split jump x10 + Front layout
Free turn (flysprings) + Front layout/ Front tuck

Naturally, i can do a front tuck.

Naturally, i cannot do a front layout.

A layout is a front tuck with a straight body. I cannot comprehend how to flip in the air without the forward momentum of tucking.

Don't get me wrong; i still get over, but whether i land on my butt, my feet, or my face, is really up to Lady Luck. And of course, i have bent legs and all that jazz.

And then as we were headed off to go to bars next, i was walking, putting on my glasses, and one of the girls scream, "STOP!!!" at me, and naturally, i think something has gone terribly wrong, and i freeze.

Later, she points out a huuuuuge spider that i had just nearly stepped on, but thanks to me freezing, it had scuttled away before my bare, chalky foot met it's hairy, arachnid back. Eew!

We headed off to bars next, split into two groups of three, one worked with our Coach while the other worked on their own skills.

My group went with the Coach first, we all did variations of a pullover, a hip circle, and jumping to high bar and another pullover.

My hands already felt a bit burned so i opted out of a back hip circle and did front hip circles instead; i can do it but i always bend my legs, which i am not supposed to. but at the same time, i am the only person who can do it in the whole class ;)

then we worked on glide swings, so we'd glide forward and pike backwards, for 5 times. supposedly, once you achieve that, you are ready to kip! Since we are too big for the Coach to throw around, we needed to rely on ourselves.

I can't really do that and really, neither can the other girls. It's much more difficult than you'd imagine - it takes a lot of core strength!

We wing'd it on kips a few times, and then we switched.

The other two girls with me attempted to do front hip circles as well but they couldn't, although i think it's not hard or anything, it does take practice, i've been working on them since at my first gym, before i switched out yet.

I wanted to work mill circles, those are when you are sitting in a 'split' on the bar, and you go forwards and still get back up.

uhmmm... i'm kinda close. you'd think it's terribly scary and stuff, but it really isn't. or maybe it is, i don't really know. i don't really comprehend "fear" in times like those, since really, what's the worse that can happen?

I can get around, my leg stays hooked, but i cannot get enough momentum to bring myself back up nicely, so i crawl up, kicking and screaming ^^

Then after bars we headed off to the trampoline to play a game, i think it was like, Hotdog and Hamburger bum-drop competition :P

Basically, the trampoline is a rectangle, and it is divided into four squares. two people go at once, doing bum drops on the trampoline. in the hamburger, we are not allowed to touch the middle line (so we are on the two thin ends of the trampline) and when hotdog is called, we switch so we are bum dropping on one of the squares on the wide side of the trampoline.

Touch a line, falter, or anything at all, and you are out. two go at once. :)

It was lots of fun!!

We also worked on these, i forget what they're called, roller's i think? basically, you do a bum drop, and once you come up, you turn in a full twist and land back on your butt. it's harder than it seems. my body cannot comprehend it, but i came close ^^

Also, while we were doing this, a ripped boy in blue shorts was working on the bar near us, very near us, and he was UH-MAZING!! and it was amusing to watch. :D

Since he'd be doing giants, and he'd let go, do a tuck, and catch onto the bar again to continue, but sometimes he'd miss, so he'd FUMMP onto the crash mat in the foam pit ^^

Also, this was the boy who was doing some crazy triple fronts on the vault. and that vault setting is like, shoulder height with me, or more. GWAKKK! I'm really impressed!!

and i heard someone in the gym is doing double-doubles. Kyaa! <3

^_^

Well, that seems about it. Nothing too strenuous today. I'm not entirely tired or anything, and 2 hours a session really seems too short!! What i'd give for RGA to have 6-hour teen gyms, but something tells me that it'd only float with me when i'm in a good, satiated mood. I'm such a picky gymnast, haha~

Anyway, it was tons of fun, can't wait for the next!!

Also, gym aside, yesterday i was in a mentorship/mastermind program, for the first time! It was lots of fun!! It was the first time so we didn't really do anything aside from introducing ourselves and share concepts and talk, but it was FABBBUUULLOOOOUUUUUSSSSSS! <3 <3 <3

Sometimes, i briefly wonder, what would i do once i am too old to be in gymnastics? can i still do gymnastics when i am like, 21? well, yes, technically! Would my body be able to handle it? who knows. i do know i have no intentions of stopping anytime soon, and once i am older than 18 i can join adult classes, but luckily, i have a back-up plan!!

Once i'm "too old" for gymnastics, i'll do parkour. It's fun, it's pretty, and it has a very gymnastic-y feeling IMO as well :D the only thing is, I HATE WEARING SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Re<3

No comments:

Post a Comment