Wednesday 22 January 2014

Annnnnnnd…. We're Back!

So, winter holidays have passed - LAST WINTER BREAK OF HIGH SCHOOL! - and there's now a bit of time for writing, except i still have plenty to do, which is too bad.

So, here are a few updates…

I will now try to be writing every Tuesday and Saturday.

Tuesdays will be based on gymnastics and Saturday will be based on whatever comes to mind or entertains me most at the time.

And i do have to apologize for the huge space in my writing, but i'd say that is understandable, as i have been quite busy with university applications and schoolwork and procrastination and what not.

speaking of, i have an exam today and so why am i writing and not studying?

Calculated, my grade for this course is likely to be approximately 75% once i am done, which is disappointing at best, and it makes my hope for my second-dream university absolutely disappear like the morning mist…

Anyway, today is Wednesday, not Tuesday, but i will talk briefly about yesterday's gymnastics!

It was my first day - the first day actually was supposed to be two weeks ago, but i had been ill and therefore, yesterday was my first day.

It's really nerve-wracking to walk into a new place that i am not familiar with - and trust me, it is absolutely different from how i remembered it to be, back in the summer days.

It isn't unpleasant.

It's actually quite nice.

I could honestly say that i wish i had stayed at RGA, though, seeing that i already know the people there, know the coach, and whatnot.

Besides, if there's one thing that makes me uncomfortable, it's the fact that my class is made up of blonde, blue-eyed pretty girls.

No way i'd be comfortable in that setting, knowing that i'd never in a million years be able to measure up to them! They're pretty naturally - and i wouldn't be able to look pretty if i tried.

That's depressing at best.

But don't get me wrong - they were all so friendly! All smiles and niceness and sunshine.

Anyway, the day started off okay, we ran in circles for about a bazillion times, until i had cramps up my side and my lungs were burning but dammit, we had to keep going!

high knees, skipping, chasse's and what-not, the whole nine yards.

My favourite coach wasn't my coach but i saw him, so it kind of made me feel sad…

Anyway, we eventually stopped running around like headless chickens and got into two lines, and did the whole nine yards AGAIN - long jumps, straight jumps, jumping in general, rolling, cartwheeling, and so on so forth.

I can say it's a pretty intense warmup!

But nothing compared to what happens at RGA.

But hey, i'd taken over a month off, what'd you expect? Definitely not to breeze through the entire thing, ne?

So, warmups eventually ended with stretching in which i was pleasantly surprised that i can actually almost do splits, and my back is no less flexible than it was a month and half ago…

And then we had free time - DAMMIT !

Started out on the Tumble Trak, did random jumping around, and then got bored.

Went to the bars and asked a coach to teach me something cool… I didn't really learn anything. did some pullovers and back hip circles and squat ons.

Went to floor and worked on some bridge kickovers with a group and then branched off to work on front limbers, walkovers, and back walkovers.

Then we conditioned.

With the core.

the one thing i am terrible at!

banana-shape-hold for ten seconds, and then ten bicycles, then hold for ten more seconds, then ten bicycles, and so on so forth - no touching the ground allowed!

and then superman-hold, and then swimming kicks, then hold, then kick, then so on so forth!

then squat jumps and push ups and burpees and the whole nine yards.

And that was pretty much it..!

It wasn't 2 hours, like at RGA, it was 1.5 hours.

Not hardly enough time…!

Anyway, i can say this much.

i LOVE the gym, it's spacious and absolutely endearing to play in.

the coaches are pretty good too, quite friendly, no complaints here…

the girls are pretty great too. i didn't get to make any close friends due to my own shyness, but they're nice people and i think i like my classmates quite a lot!

So the only issue?

the ciriculum.

I can't stand free time.

I like structure.

Mostly because i'm not a very motivated person and i need people telling me what to do, or i'd just procrastinate.

Speaking of, my legs are a bit sore today but that's it.

And i'm contemplating dropping the spring course and taking an acting class instead.

We'll see.

Anyway, that's about it for yesterday's summary!

See ya'll next time then?






~Re

No comments:

Post a Comment