Saturday 1 February 2014

Around the World in Seventeen Years

I. LOVE. TRAVELLING.

That in itself should probably be fairly obvious, since i would think that most people also enjoy travelling.

I mean, sure, i don't "travel" as much as i "visit" since my travelling is all mostly just going to my rents' home country to see relatives, but when i DO travel (which is few and far between) it is FANTABULOUS. <3

And since me and my cousin were just talking about travelling today (for example, what we'd bring in a carry on, how to be the most comfortable on a plane, why airports are just so damn AWESOME, et al,) so i thought, wouldn't it be nice to have a post based on that today?

Firstly, though, let me state… i love airports.

I don't know why!

But there's just some aspect of it that makes it really enjoyable. Maybe it's because when you step into an airport, you're either about to embark on a great adventure, or you're about to go home.

I just adore airports. It's why i go to drop off family even when i'm not the one going to board the plane. Just catching a glimpse can brighten up my day <3

To be honest, i love airplanes too. I do adhere to the saying, "getting there's half the fun!"

A lot of times, planes can be REALLY boring. I mean, sure, when i'm at home in bed i just really want a whole free day with nothing to do, but when the chance is presented to be because i'm in an enclosed space jetting around in the air, the idea's suddenly not so appealing anymore.

(maybe because there's no internet and i am confined in an uncomfortable seat?!)

but despite that, i LOVE airplanes. though i admit, i only like take off, the first one and a half hours, the last one and a half hours, and touch down. that incredibly long stretch in between i can do without. despite that, i don't like short flights either, since it just feels so… RUSHED.

That aside, i can say that i haven't been to a lot of places. In fact, i think i've gone to very little places!

In terms of continents, i've been to only the Americas, Asia, and Europe.

Anyway, let's recount the major milestones, since my title is "around the world in seventeen years"!

**i would list all of the events but i can't really remember anyhow… yanno, i have the memory of a goldfish, hehe…**


---
1.5 yr = first international flight. (To Asia)… I really hope i didn't disturb the other passengers TOO much!


8 yr = California! first time i was not absolutely miserable on a plane, due to precautions taken to ensure minimal amounts of ear pain! First daytime flight.



15 yr = first time going to Europe; Germany shortly, and then France. first time not going on a direct flight! French schools are ENOURMOUS! but the cafeteria food is actually really amazing.



16 yr = Taiwan. spent majority of my time shopping or being antisocial. vowed to return and live there one day.
---


Naturally, these are milestones because they're flights, first of all, and they've all been 'firsts' of mine. The other events are clearly important as well, but have never been 'firsts' for me. >_<


---
Places I've been
---

Paris (France)
Lyon (France)

Frankfurt (Germany)

Vancouver (Canada)
Kelowna (Canada)
Okanagan (Canada)
Calgary (Canada)

Taipei (Taiwan)
Taichung (Taiwan)

California (United States)
Washington (United States)
Seattle (United States)


---
Places I'd Like to Go/Live/Whatever
---

Japan
England


---

ANNNNNNNDDDDD yeah i get the feeling that this is more of a memoir or me listing things off (or heck, bragging) and so maybe i really ought to end it here.

Honestly, though.

Travelling is a ton of fun.

I mean, yeah, jetlag is a huge pain in the arse, translating currencies is even worse, not speaking the language is like BAM! YOU'RE DEAD, but the experience you get in the end is completely worth it all.

Happy travelling!






and if you like travel, good for you! 'cuz you can expect some (useless) travel tips and travel related posts in the future! <3

If there's something else you'd like to see, drop me a comment! (c'mon. seriously. I don't even have ONE comment from ANY of you. i promise to write about whatever you suggest i write, so start commenting!)





~DoReMi~

No comments:

Post a Comment