Friday 18 April 2014

Broke My Computer ;(

What luck! (yes, that was sarcasm).

My computer threw a tantrum and broke down the other day, and thankfully i got to be back online within 24 hours, or i would've died! (yes, exaggeration. kids these days!)

Well, as for what happened i'm not entirely sure, it could be a combination of things. I know i've dropped it on multiple occasions, spilt water on it, and so on so forth, but finally, one day, i was informed that the battery was on "service battery" mode and i had to take it to the Apple Store to get it fixed.

So that's what i did, straight after school.

Got an appointment, and it turned out far worse than i originally assumed.

My battery was broken, my charger was broken, and even the SCREEN was broken. I don't remember breaking my screen!

They suggested me bringing it in on the weekend as to not interfere with school but i need to study during the weekend (besides, the weekend's always the perfect time to procrastinate and watch movies!) so i refused and gave it in that day.

The kind "Genius" promised it would be finished by the following morning, so we were on our way after that.

The following day i was lucky enough to have two tests and an assembly, as well as a kindergarten buddy meeting during the blocks that i had, so i had no time to sulk and feel bored as due to the lack of a useable computer. (I did borrow a Chromebook from the school, though, so it isn't as though i'd actually DIE)

During the time i was parted from my baby, i thought about all the times that i've had it; we've been together for 2.5 years! I first got it upon my entry into a new school, and just as well, too.

Everybody had one, notes were emailed to us during class for viewing, presentations were done via Prezi or Powerpoint, and so on so forth.

Anyway, i got my computer back last night, and it's all shiny and sleek and the lid, which was dented before, is now good as new! I miss the cute stickers i put on it but it is what it is. :D

Can't wait for August, for the back to school electronics sale~ Will be getting a new laptop for university. i will definitely take more care of it, as i am more mature now and i don't think i'll be dropping it on the ground or spilling water on it anymore!

I'm not a kid anymore, so i definitely won't hurt my electronics in kiddish ways anymore :D





~Re~

1 comment:

  1. It's really quite difficult to survive without a computer nowadays. Most of our lessons and projects are done via computer and e-mails, that you’d feel really out of loop if you don’t have one. It’s a good thing you yours fixed. :D

    Cordia Remsen @ RBSMN

    ReplyDelete