Monday 14 April 2014

I Still Want To Be British… Also, Procrastination

I'm really cutting it close this time with my assignment that is due tomorrow and if i don't finish i most likely won't be able to graduate.

So what am i still doing up at this hour, trying to cram everything down? Not to mention the Biology test tomorrow… (except as it is not part of my average when applying to universities, i don't particularily give a damn about it) 

the thing about procrastination, i find, is that often you decide that you can do things last minute, but even when it IS late minute, you somehow wind up finding a reason not to do it at all.

For me, it was originally, "I'll do my Biology today after school because tomorrow is the test." 

This evolved from, "I'll do this during the weekend because Tuesday is the test."

And is now, "I'll borrow someone else's notes tomorrow before the test."

Which no doubt will somehow turn into, "I don't care about this test." 

WHICH IS NOT GOOD AT ALL.

Same goes for my Literature homework which was due a long time ago. I promised myself i'd do it, again and again, yet i have failed to do so each time.

I hope i can hand it in before Good Friday though.

Otherwise, i think i might be in a bit of a rut.

Aside from my obvious procrastination (why else would i write a blog entry that is seemingly about nothing? the only reason is because i don't want to work yet!) , i am still dreaming of the British accent, the Union Jack, of tea, of the Queen.

I guess the grass is always greener, huh ! 

My Mum says that if i crave a taste of Great Britain so bad, then i ought to just move there and do my master's degree, four years from now.

I say, "no." 

I'm not interested in education.

I can do that on my own, without tests and pressure and homework.

I've done enough homework to last a lifetime, to be honest! 

(deep sigh)

if only here were Britain. then i'd be soooooo happy.

If only here were anything even remotely like Britain. I'd still be soooooooo happy.

But it's 'murica here, man… so no tea, Queens, or cute flags. :/ 

I mean, i'm happy with what i've got.

but i can't help but to think, "wouldn't that be fabulous?"

I do often wonder, though, between here and there, what's the biggest difference, aside from the slang and the accent? 

Just how different is the culture, the government, the people?

I mean, the Queen's still the head of state here, right now, but i sure can't have tea with her. (shame, really. what a dream it would be to have tea with the Queen!)

(whoopsy daisy ! seems i've procrastinated a bit too much. quickly ! back to the homework! i'll see ya later~ ) 





~reRe~

No comments:

Post a Comment