Thursday 10 April 2014

First Time Doing…?

Normally i wouldn't double post but it came to mind that i experienced quite a few "firsts" this spring, and i would be inclined to share them all with you!

Naturally, experiencing "firsts" are an exciting privilege and in ways it is like a rite of passage into being a young adult, as i am normally very childish normally.

I still am, but maybe, just maybe, i am a tiny bit more refined now than i was prior to spring break.

Let's get started!


------------------------------------------------
First Time Travelling Without Parents
------------------------------------------------

Well, technically it wasn't my FIRST time travelling without my mum or dad. i did go to France by myself before. (uhm… well, technically not solo, but without family).

but this was the first time going to ASIA without my parents, and that makes all the difference!




------------------------
First Earrings
------------------------

Getting one's ears pierced is a rite of passage for many young girls, as it is me. I don't think that it makes me look any more mature to decorate my ears with sparkly earrings, but it's the very act of being able to do so, that makes this first so important.

yes, there was a lot of unrefined screaming involved, but at the same time, they're done, they're a first, and it's also my rite of passage.

unfortunately now i have holes in my ears and i'm not sure what to think of that, and my mum looks critically upon any earrings that i would like to have.

"no, don't use plastic. no, don't use that. no, that's not good."
"what about medical steel then? these are medical titanium. they are convinient."
"no, i think you should use gold."
"…but i want sparkly earrings."
"…then why don't we get some diamonds."
"mom, we're not talking about the stones, we're talking about the posts!"
"oh. right."
"i think i'll just keep these in and figure everything else later."
"alright. you do that."

so, yeah.

I was hoping to change them in time for graduation, thus, another first, but… i guess some things can wait. I think i'm too terrified of taking them off anyway, so i might be stuck with blue sparkly earrings for the rest of my life, ahah~




---------------------------------
First Touch Screen Phone
--------------------------------

Okay, technically not my "first" touch-screen phone. I did have an iPhone knock-off before, which is touch screen, and a Blackberry with a touch screen. I've been wanting to get a new phone for a long time now, but it was constantly being put off because phones are expensive, i'm a kid, i don't need a phone, et al, et al, et al.

So finally i got a new phone - a Samsung Galaxy Note III.

It's gorgeous! It's the white one with the dark gold lining. I wanted a pink one originally because it's so cute and girly but i like mine more now, because it's sophisticated, easy to match with any shells, and it's insanely adorable while being utterly refined.

Although this first was a reward for getting into a good university, it wasn't all smiles and joys.

i HATE spending money.

I nearly threw up when my grandma took out a wad of cash to pay for my baby. (yes, my phone is my baby. as is all my other electronics. deal with it).

i have never felt so guilty in my life before.

this was a first i tried to back out of originally, but even though the guilt still lingers today, i am so very happy that i got the chance to get my cutedorable phone.

though i think using a credit card would have made me feel better. because then you don't physically see the money. and i wouldn't feel so pained for imposing my wishes upon my family.

i mean, we're hard pressed for money nowadays anyway.

the economy here is terrible.

(but i promise once i make my first gazillion dollars, and yes, it will happen, i will pay back my family for all the hardships i put them through!)



---------------------------------------
First  Travel BY MYSELF
---------------------------------------

I travelled by bullet train by myself this spring. I also went back to Canada by myself this spring.

BY MY FLIPPING SELF.

my dependant, idiotic, overly reliant, naive, silly little self.

now THAT, is a rite of passage. :)








~Re

No comments:

Post a Comment